Join us on September 21, 2023, at 9:00 AM EDT via Teams Webinars
August 3, 2023 – Ontario One Call (OOC) hereby gives notice of an annual and special meeting of the Members under section 11.03 of By-law No. 3
Background: The Board of OOC met on July 31, 2023 and enacted new By-law No. 1. This By-law is to bring the OOC’s by-laws into compliance with the Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010 (Ontario) referred to as ONCA and to refigure the composition of the Board as required by the Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery. In addition, as part of By-Law No.1, the Board enacted Schedule 1 to By-law No. 1 to replace Schedule 1 to By-law No. 3, with changes to comply with the Minister’s regulation on administrative penalties, and enacted By-law No. 2 on July 25, 2023 which relates to the setting of fees by the Board of OOC. A copy of these by-laws can be found below in the Reference Materials section.
Purpose of meeting:
1. To approve and confirm By-law No. 1 including its Schedule 1.
2. To approve and confirm By-law No. 2.
3. To elect Directors.
4. To appoint the incumbent auditor.
5. To approve the new fee schedule.
To register, click here. Registration for the meeting will be available until Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at 4:00 pm.
Reference materials (please click on each link to view the corresponding document or click here to download the complete package):
- Letter from the Chair
- 2023 Annual and Special Members’ Meeting Agenda
- By-law No. 1 (replaces By-law 3)
- By-law No.1 – Explanatory Note
- Schedule 1 to By-law No. 1 (replaces Schedule 1 to By-law 3)
- Schedule 1 to By-law No. 1 – Explanatory Note
- By-law No. 2
- By-law No. 2 – Explanatory Note
- 2024-2026 Fee Schedule – Explanatory Note
- Slate of Directors
- 2022 Annual Report
- Minister’s Order re: Size of Board
- Minister’s Order re: Maximum Percentage of Board Directors
EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE – PROXY VOTE – IF NOT PLANNING TO VOTE AT THE MEETING IN PERSON
Annual and Special Members’ Meeting Speakers:
- Dean Dalpe, Chair of the Board of Directors
- Jim Keech, President and CEO
- Karen Marner, Treasurer, Chair of the Finance, Risk & Audit Committee
We will be also hosting a webinar on August 17, 2023 to update and consult with the membership about the new By-laws and fee schedule as well as provide members an opportunity to ask questions. Further details and a registration link will be sent out shortly.
If you require further information, we are available at DigSafety@ontarioonecall.ca to assist you.
The minutes of Ontario One Call 2022 AGM can be found here