DATE: Thursday, December 21, 2017
TIME: 12:00pm – 12:30pm
LOCATION: Via Teleconference
NOTICE: Notice is hereby given that a Special Meeting of the Members of Ontario One Call (the “Corporation”) shall be held at the date and time above for the following purpose:
1) To pass a special resolution approving and confirming a fee schedule change for all Members as of January 1, 2018.
Members will be asked to approve the replacement the current per notification fee structure with an assessment-based model and, furthermore, approve a freeze in members’ overall notification payments to Ontario One Call for 2018.
TELECONFERENCE: Any interested member may attend and participate by telephone via a toll-free teleconference line. Please dial: 1-866-261-6767 and enter passcode 5989559#
PROXY: Members eligible to vote shall be entitled to vote by proxy. A proxy form is attached to this announcement.
If you wish to RSVP or require more information with regard to the procedures for attending the meeting, please contact Cory Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective March 1, 2018, Ontario One Call will be migrating the single and multiple request phone queues for locate requests made by professional Contractors/Excavators to the web.
Please read the following bulletin carefully for important information.
What is changing?
Phone queue migration for Contractors:
Ontario One Call will be removing the ability for professional Contractors/Excavators to create their standard locate requests by phone.
Today, by phoning 1-800-400-2255, a professional Contractor can select the ‘Contractor queue’ and select between a single or multiple request queue to process locate requests. Effective March 1, 2018 these queues will no longer be available.
Why are we changing?
Since the web ticket was introduced in 2014, professional contractors and excavators use the online service for 80% of their standard ticket requests.
For them, it provides an easy online tool for ticket entry, and for members it provides more accurate information than a telephone submission. In the coming months, we are introducing a new feature to the web ticket called “map selection notification.” This will make identifying your excavation area as simple as drawing a box on a Google map.
This creates a much more intuitive experience when entering a request, and also reduces over-notification of members who have no infrastructure in the identified area. However, this tool is not something that can be effectively used through a telephone request, therefore, we have to move contactor and excavator requests online so everyone can benefit from this change.
The benefits of this change include;
- Improved accuracy through drawing on a satellite image;
- Better control for the excavator over the locate request process;
- Ease of creating requests quickly and efficiently;
- Greater visibility into the status of the locate through web portal functions.
How will this affect me?
For Contractors/Excavators submitting standard locate requests by phone, it will be mandatory to use the online method of locate submission beginning March 1, 2018.
What doesn’t change?
The following submission types will remain the same;
Legitimate emergency and priority requests will continue to be processed by phone at 1-800-400-2255 for all requestors.
How can I prepare for this change?
Ontario One Call is dedicated in supporting you through this transition.
We know that people have different comfort levels with technology, and for many people this will be a change in how they do this part of their job.
That’s why we’re giving plenty of advance notice and making sure everyone has opportunities to adapt to the new requirements.
You can begin using the Web Portal today;
Familiarize yourself with this process over the next few months by doing the following:
- Keep your eyes open for Ontario One Call’s training sessions on the processing of locate requests though Ontario One Call’s Web Portal.
- Register for a training session by clicking the following link:
- Visit Ontario One Call’s website for resources for Contractors:
- including training videos on using the Web Portal: https://www.on1call.com/contractors/
- Contact email@example.com to better understand how to process locate requests through Ontario One Call’s Web Portal. Support will be available for excavators throughout the coming months and after March 1, 2018 to ensure ease of transition.
Please find the frequently asked questions from our November training sessions, on mandatory information and map selection.
If you missed the training sessions, please Click Here to watch the recording.
Ontario One Call